ICAN ILLNESS POLICY
Taking time off from therapy when your child is ill will help them get better faster and prevent the spread of illness. We are extra cautious if the following symptoms are present.
Stay home and call a medical professional if your child has the following:
- Chills or a fever (100 and higher) within the last 24 hours or a standalone fever of 101 degrees or higher
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches Headache
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Vomiting within the last 24 hours
- Diarrhea within the last 24 hours
- A contagious eye infection, particularly conjunctivitis, pink eye etc.
- A severe earache
- Cough- If his/her cough brings up mucus or phlegm-type secretions, then stay home. A dry cough is OK.
- Has recently had a procedure and is on prescription pain medication
- Did not attend school because they were too sick
If your child has come in close contact with someone that has tested positive for an infectious or highly transmissible disease please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and consult your PCP regarding next steps. If your child has come in close contact with someone waiting for testing results, please follow the advice of your PCP. To ensure continuity of care, contact us for therapy options. ***We will evaluate your child when presenting with multiple symptoms to determine appropriateness for therapy.***
It is ok to come if your child:
- Is 24 hours symptom free
- Has allergies that include a slight cough or runny nose
- Has a sprain or strain, as long as you: advise the treatment providers on what is or is not ok for them to do
Make the appropriate arrangements if you will miss therapy. Call our center and let us know of the illness as soon as possible at: