ICAN’s iLearn Program provides an opportunity to increase your child’s independent communication and participation in home, school, and community environments through the use of multi-modal communication. iLearn supports the use of a variety oflow tech, mid-tech, and high-tech communication systems and devices, dependent on their language and articulation skills.
Who could benefit from iLeam?
Children who have difficulty communicating basic wants and needs due to speech and language disorders can greatly benefit from the use of technology to become independent and functional communicators.
What services does ICAN provide?
- Comprehensive Evaluation
- Recommendation of system or device, if appropriate
- Specialized instruction during dedicated iLeam sessions
- Customized programming of system or device
- Speech-language pathologist support in ICAN Preschool
- Parent training to aid in generalization of skills
- Assistance in determining plan coverage and purchasing a device
For more information or to schedule an evaluation, please contact ICAN