ICAN’s iLearn program provides an opportunity to increase your child’s independent communication and participation in home, school, and community environments through the use of multi-modal communication. iLearn supports the use of a variety of low tech, mid-tech, and high-tech communication systems and devices, dependent on their language and articulation skills. Who could benefit from iLearn? Children who have difficulty communicating basic wants and needs due to speech and language disorders can greatly benefit from the use of technology to become independent and functional communicators. What services does ICAN provide?
- Comprehensive Evaluation
- Recommendation of system or device, if appropriate
- Customized programming of system or device
- Specialized instruction during dedicated iLearn sessions
- Speech-language pathologist support in ICAN’s Intensive Day Program
- Parent training to aid in generalization of skills
- Assistance in determining plan coverage and purchasing a device