Board Certified Behavior Analyst
ICAN (formerly Lakeside) is a multidisciplinary clinic with the vision of a commitment to the best hope and future for children and families affected by autism around the world. We are located in the city of Issaquah, Washington and serve individuals with autism and neurodevelopmental disorders from birth to 13 years of age. Our team consists of Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Board Certified Behavior Analysts, Behavior Technicians and Registered Behavior Technicians, Assistive Technology specialists, mental health clinicians and more. In our years of operation, we have provided services to over 1100 families. We are an organization that is committed to professionalism, growth and fun.
Highlights for BCBA’s at ICAN
- Reasonable caseloads
- Center, home and community based services. (You are not stuck on the road all day, every day)
- Collaboration with a number of different professionals. (No need to waste time trying to reach someone, they are right there next to you)
- An excellent team for collaboration
- An engaging and positive environment
- An environment that is supportive of innovation, supporting risks and failures for the purpose of growth
- A place where you are valued for your contributions
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
Benefits, pay, perks etc.
- Competitive pay
- Continuing education budgets with paid time off for continuing education
- Company sponsored fun events with the team
- Paid time off and holidays
- Quarterly Bonuses (After 1 year)
- Short term disability
- Medical, dental and vision
Job Title & Summary
Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
The supervising BCBA will oversee a caseload of ABA clients and their associated BTs/RBTs in ICAN’s ABA department. This position reports directly to either the ABA Department Day Program Supervisor or the ABA Department Individual Services Supervisor.
- Maintenance of standard BCBA responsibilities related to case management
o Conduct assessments (FBA, FA, preference and individual (e.g. VB-MAPP))
o Maintain a reduced caseload:
- Submit semi-annual re-evaluations
- Ensure progress across goals
- Data analysis
- Participate in collaboration across providers and caregivers
o Conducts parent training
- Trainings related to goals in treatment plan
o Consultation and collaboration with related service providers
o Conduct ongoing staff training and fidelity checks during supervision of BTs and RBTs
- Ensure complete documentation and accurate data collection and entry across programs
o Attend regularly meetings with ABA Department Manager as needed.
- Monthly 1:1 with Manager or Supervisor
- Monthly group BCBA meeting
- Weekly ABA team meetings
o Meets metrics established by ABA Department Manager
- ABA clinical department goals
- Sustainability requirements
- Individual professional development goals
- Punctuality to all sessions and meetings
Ideal candidate has experience with and/or is willing to:
- VB-MAPP, Vineland and other standardized assessments.
- Program design, curriculum design experience.
- DTT, PRT and Verbal Behavior
- And independence in writing progress reports prior to authorization end date.
- Providing constructive feedback to staff.
- Experience embedding goals in home, community and clinic settings.
- Participate in continuing education for professional development to ensure best practice.
- Uses professional literature, evidence-based research, and continuing education content to make data based decisions.
- Communicate clearly via email or verbally, with families, coworkers, outside providers and funding sources
- Maintains clinical and administrative records in accordance with professional standards and HIPPA guidelines.
- Current Certification as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working with children with autism spectrum and related disorders, preferably with experience in ABA.
- Passing Background Screening and verification
- Direct experience implementing ABA methodologies to children with autism
- 1 year of experience in staff supervision
This is located at our Treatment Center of Excellence, 1871 NW Gilman Blvd. Ste 2 Issaquah, WA 98027. There will be some local travel required for this position.
10-25% within local community
Type of Employment
This is a full time exempt position