What is a Fever?
•Medically defined as over 100.4° F or 38° C
• Usually harmless
• A sign the child’s immune system is working and fighting off an illness
• Can be caused by many different things. Some common causes of fever in kids: viral illness (like the common cold), flu, ear infection, urinary tract infection
• Can be environmental
Influenza is a viral illness that impacts the entire body.
• Can last over a week. Usually people fully recover, but it can be fatal.
• The illness has a quick onset of fever, cough, headache, body aches, fatigue, stuffy nose, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea.
• It is spread by droplets in the air or by touching a contaminated surface and then touching your face.
Adequate sleep is a necessity for the physical and mental growth and development that is taking place throughout infancy, childhood,
and adolescence. Unfortunately, it is not always easy for a child to get the recommended amount of sleep.
Talking with your child about bullying can help them be prepared and know how to respond in a situation. Bullying can occur in the following forms: physical, verbal, social, or electronic. Being bullied increases risk of anxiety, depression, suicide, substance use, violence, and impaired academic performance.
ICAN ABA Therapy Now in the Bothell Area! ICAN is excited to extend our services to theBothell area! Your child will receive 1:1 therapy with a CBT including continuous oversight by a BCBA in the comfort of your own home. We are now accepting new patients...
We believe now is a time when we must take a stand about doing the right thing and not give into the pressure from an insurance company. For this reason, we recently decided to cancel our contract with Beacon. Providers are constantly facing downward...
ICAN Partners with INNOV8 Dear parents and families of ICAN, We are pleased to announce a partnership with the company Innov8, a technology company focused on creating software applications focused on improving access to services for families affected by...
We wanted to keep you informed of the challenges associated with some insurance plans. There are a number of plans that are moving to require pre-authorization of ALL of your treatment services. If your plan is one that requires pre-authorization your insurance will...