Job Description for Psychologist:
Must have a PhD in clinical psychology, with specialization in child clinical psychology from an APA-accredited training program Or Psy-D
ICAN is a multidisciplinary clinic with the vision of a commitment to the best hope and future for children and families affected by autism around the world. We are located in the beautiful city of Bellevue Washington and serve individuals with autism and neurodevelopmental disorders from birth to adult. Our team consists of a Psychologist, Audiologist, Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapists, Physical Therapist, BCBAs, ABA Technicians, Assistive Technology specialists and more. In our years of operation, we have provided services to over 1,900 families all while maintaining no to short wait-lists for services to meet the need of our community. We are an organization that is committed to being a team, professionalism, innovation, growth and fun.
Job Title and Summary:
Pediatric Clinical Psychologist
As a part of psychology services team, the primary responsibilities of the psychologist is the assessment,diagnosis, treatment and care oversight for individuals suspected of autism and other mental health disorders. In this role, you are a part of a multi-disciplinary team supporting the needs of patients seeking services. You are responsible for making recommendations not only for the care that can be provided at ICAN, but also refer to local resources that support all of the individual’s needs.
Summary of Main Responsibilities:
- Clinical intakes
- Diagnostic testing
- Clinical feedback and treatment planning
- Evidence based intervention
- Communication and coordination of care with internal and external team members
- Conduct clinical intakes to determine appropriate assessments to conduct for diagnosis of developmental speech, occupational, physical and mental health conditions
- Conduct diagnosis assessments utilizing a battery of tools shown to be effective in determining diagnosis including but not limited to the ADOS
- Create extensive diagnostic reports for the patient that will be shared with the parents/caregivers as well as community providers that may be involved in care
- Collaborate with other professionals internally and externally to determine the appropriate
diagnosis and treatment plan for each individual patient.
- Consult with local physicians regarding patients
- Maintain licensure
- Abide by HIPAA rules and regulations
- Collaborates within psych services department
- Maintains billable expectation and productivity levels
- Prioritizes and schedules work tasks independently
- Initiates corrective action in system changes, performance
- Verbalizes an awareness of problem solving dynamics and involves others in the problem solving activities of the department
- Resolves conflict situations utilizing the problem solving approach
- Maintains a system of verbal and/or written communication which assures upward, downward and lateral directions
- Manages inventory of therapeutic equipment and assessments, and project needs for budget
Establishes parameters to monitor productivity
- Monitors productivity and is knowledgeable regarding variances
- Monitors use of resources
- Initiates corrective action as needed
- Maintains clinical and administrative records in accordance with professional standards, state
- Adheres to federal and state legislation, regulation, and policies that affect psychology practice
- Attends and represents ICAN’s marketing events, on and off-site
- Is a steward of the organization
Time Management & General Expectations:
- Prioritizes and schedules work tasks independently.
- Appropriately utilizes and manages resources available.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communication.
- Adheres to federal and state legislation, regulation, and policies of ICAN
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission
- Acts in the best interest of the clinic.
- Not all responsibilities may be present in this description and is subject to change based on clinic needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
Teaches, monitors, and collaborates with community agencies, parents, and others to increase
understanding of the current levels of development.
Professional Growth and Ethics:
- Participates in continuing education for professional development to ensure practice consistent with best practice and to meet Washington Licensure requirements and associated professional licensure requirements
- Uses professional literature, evidence-based research, and continuing education content to make practice decisions
- Uses professional Code of Ethics and standards of practice to guide ethical decision making in practice
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of human development throughout the life span and integrates with a child’s unique developmental status.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the influence of disabilities, socio-cultural and socioeconomicfactors on child’s ability to participate in life.
- Knowledge and use of developmental theories, models of practice, principles, and evidence-based practice to guide intervention decisions.
- Knowledge of the federal, state, local legislation, regulations, policies and procedures that mandate and guide psychological practice.
- Ability to gather and assess outcomes program evaluation data and to use to modify services at the programmatic level.
- Ability to maintain current reporting, documentation, scheduling, and billing in accordance withprofessional standards, state and local guidelines, and reimbursement requirements.
- Ability to determine the need for evaluations and to select and administer appropriate assessment tools to evaluate the child.
- PhD in clinical psychology, with specialization in child clinical psychology from an APA-accredited training program Or Psy-D.
- Licensed as a Psychologist in the State of Washington.
- Completion of an APA-approved internship.
- Formal post-doctoral training in an appropriate area of specialization.
Lifting 50 lbs Maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs.
Department and Supervision:
This role is under the Manger/Administrative department at ICAN and you will directly report to the President of ICAN.
This is located in our Bellevue office, 5150 Village Park Drive SE, Bellevue WA 98006. There may be some occasional travel required for this position.
Type of Employment:
This is a full time exempt position