August 11, 11am-3pm: 12th Annual Autism Day at Jubilee Farm
LCA invites you all to join us at Jubilee Farm for Autism Day! Enjoy the sunshine (we hope) with outdoor activities, hay rides, visits with animals and much more! The event is free and should be a great time! View the event flyer or visit the website for more information!
July 8, 2pm: Parent Education…The ICAN Way
Hanen certified speech and language pathologist, Piera presents a 90-minute orientation on Hanen’s “More than Words” program. This program for parents of children with autism spectrum disorder or social communication challenges focuses on the fact that you are the most important people in your child’s life and you’ll have the longest most constant relationship with them. MTW is not meant to replace the therapies and support you are already receiving. Instead, MTW aims to empower you and build your competence and confidence in setting communication goals for your child and supporting his/her development. During the program you will build on strategies you are already using during everyday activities with your child. You’ll practice the skills in a supportive parent learning group, and show them off during home visits with a Hanen certified speech language pathologist. For questions, contact Piera@lakesideautism.com or view the evite for the program by clicking here.
Autism Awareness Month Activities
Please call LCA for more information or to RSVP for these events
- Thurs, April 19, 2012, 6:30 pm – Special Needs Planning Seminar: Estate planning for families with children with special needs: what should you do now?
- Sun, April 22, 2012 1-5pm – Community Event at Equine Escapes: Come join in on fun at the farm with other ICAN families!
- Sat, April 28, 2012, 10am-2pm – Child and Family Portraits at LCA: The founder of “Stories for Autism” comes to LCA to take photos of your child or your family.
- Sat, April 7th, 2012, 9am-2pm — Spring Festival hosted by Adventure Kids Playcare. A carnival style event for kids and families with lots of events including an egg hunt, bounce houses, obstacle course, video games, games, crafts, etc. Food, drinks, and ice cream sundaes are also part of the deal! Be sure to stop by LCA’s booth to say hi!
- Wed, April 11, 2012, 6pm-9pm — Date Night for LCA Parents: Enjoy a night out on the town while your children play at LCA!
August 13, 2011, 11am-3pm, Jubilee Farm in Carnation, WA
Autism Day is a free, fun-filled event designed for families touched by autism – a chance to relax in a beautiful setting surrounded by people who understand. Various individuals, companies, service providers and organizations wishing to reach out to the autism community provide free activities with our children in mind. The event is spread out with booths, an hour long slip-n-slide event, adaptive cycles by OutdoorsForAll, and various food vendors including The Black Dog, and Taste of Amazing, formerly Savory Moment. Enjoy the hayrides, farm animals, beautiful flowers, open spaces and camaraderie. See you down on the farm!
iLearn Information Night
Feb 8, 2011, 6:30-7:30 pm
LCA will share information about the new assistive technology program, iLearn! Parents are encouraged to share iPad/iPhone apps that their family loves!